Monday 12 May 2008

what's wrong with my tudung?

i wear tudung and LeAnn's a chinese...so what?

salam..

sebenarnya, blog ini ditulis hasil kebengangan yg teramat tp inshaallah dpt dikawal...
actually, just now i went to KLCC to teman my cousin cuz she had an interview at the Open University as admin sumting2 la..well, eventually, i'm bored at home so this an excuse to go out roaming2 kat kotaraya kl yg indah ni..hehe :P
anyway, after the interview session, we walked into klcc, me, hoping to find a place to work and at least sumting i cn kill my time for during the holidays yg akan bosan sgt Allah je yang tahu..lagipun, lagi bagus kalau kita pergi kuar timba pengalaman kan kawan2? that is ibadah as long as we do it the right islamic way :)

anyway, the actual point i wanted to highlight is...i went to hush puppies - that is the 1st shop yg i nampak they need vacancy. then i walked in talked to the guy and asked him about the vacanct. then he said yes and gave me a form to fill in. the form was quite a long one, so it took me quite a few minutes to finish it off. ..then i gave it to him and he told me about the part time work, this and that, the salary, the working hours..i was sure i nailed it and could start work..but then..the last thing he told me was "tapi, u have to take off ur tudung la because our unifrom is different and we don't allow tudung"...at that moment, i asked him again 'so it is either i dun work here or i work here without my tudung?' and he replied 'yes'. i told him straight to his face 'i'm sorry, but i dun see why i should work here. thank you'. i smiled, trying my best to look not angry..huh..phew.. but he apologized..well..he's a Chinese..if he's a Malay i memang dh penumbuk dia kat situ..

i forgive him..but sure i'll never forget that this is....... a discrimination. diskriminasi terhadap org yg bertudung..ape igt org bertudung takde kelas ke? and do we really look like a threat when we work in big and classy places like klcc? ohhh puhhhleasseeeeeeee.... i tot ppl are civilised already..well, this is a big fat prove that Malaysian aren't! why do we judge a person from his/her clothes, and why do the girls who covers their head are not capable of doing job others could easily get? i will not call these people stupid, but i will call them, uncivilized people, who would't open their horizon.

then i moved on...it was hard to get a job though. majority of the shops would say, 'oh nak chinese je'..'nak lelaki lah'..and i noe, when they look at me and my tudung, they come out with all the excuses..what's wrong with you people? do i look like i carry a gun under my tudung? and who sets the rules that girls with hijab cannot work in KLCC? huh? soooo secular! i thought this is a free country. i was disappointed with malaysian. soo disappointed.

i hampir nak give up but then my cousin suruh try jugak. i went into this video shop and talked to rozie, the manager, (she's a very nice young chinese lady) and she asked me 'how long do you want to work here..u are on ur study break right?' and then i go like 'er..er..two months..can ar?how do u knoe i'm a student?'. she replied, 'can see from ur face'..and then she asked which university i'm from, then she asked lots of questions..which i think at that point she's interested in hiring me :D and she said she really want me to talk to customers. so she asked about my 'movie' knowledge and i told her i'm good with movies :D she also asked what movies were Julia roberts on, i said 'notting hill', 'stepmum' and many more. she was impressed. she also asked me who Leonna Lewis is. then i told her that, of course i knew who she is :) well, to my thoughts, she is impressed with the way i talked to her, and that was like a very informal interview and she said that i can start working this wednesday. she told me to come at 4pm. yey...! mission accomplished! i'm a part time so i dun have to go for full 10-10 daily. the pay was quite good also, rm4.50/hour. enuff for me, i guess :D and i have to really noe movies and songs and albums so i should start studying starting from...now?
and owh, the sweet rosie also asked me, 'do u have to go for pray 5 times a day?' and i said 'yes'..she said she don't mind, and i told her that the sembahyang wil only take a few minutes of my 6 hours. and i asked her about tudung and she also said that she is ok with girls wearing hijab :)
there, that's the Malaysian i noe. no discrimination, and sensitive towards other religion even though she's different in believes..i'm so relieved..

well, my work start on wednesday..wish me luck people..i noe i can work this :)

salam people, dun forget to live today as ur day.
'jadikan hari ini hari kamu'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALLAH akan tolong hambanya yg slalu bersabar~~~

k3i said...

if i'm not mistaken...some products of hush puppies, made from pig and dogskin...
so ada hikmah lah ang xpat keje tu...dia pon cr excuse lain xmo bagi ang pgg menatang hrm! huhuhu

nani said...

betui jugak kan..bagus..ada hikmah nya :)

Your Average Mat said...

great dude.. dont work there.. I applied for a work in a supermarket. but the towkay said, no rehat for zohor prayer. she said that if one person wants to pray, others will follow. it will affect her supermarket. So i went somewhere else searching for work.. I dont care.. gaji rm 15 sehari tapi takleh semayang apa kejadahnya...

mi amor

Daisypath Anniversary tickers